Homeopathy Toronto, Ontario, Canada Phone: 647-781-4861 Email: email@example.com
Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Markham, Ajax, Pickering, Vaughan, Brampton, Bloor West, Etobicoke, Missisauga, Oakville, Toronto, North York
214 Indian Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6R 2W6
Phone: 647-781-4861 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Indian Road, Toronto, Ontario M6R 2W6
For Appointments or Inquiries
Kerry Walker HOM, HonBA, DCHM
How is Homeopathy different from modern Western medicine?
Homeopathy is a very different paradigm from modern Western medicine, and this is part of the reason why is remains a bit of a mystery to many North Americans. The prevailing paradigm here is one of material reductionism which is interested purely in what can be seen under a microscope (even, sometimes, to the point of negating the felt experience of the patient). Fortunately, Homeopathy has been taken up with enthusiasm in many places in the world and clinical studies are being funded and published which show the effectiveness of remedies at both at the cellular, and holistic level. Please visit my page of clinical studies to browse some of these. Hopefully with time, bridges will be built between our Western medical paradigm and the paradigms of natural therapies, allowing more freedom of choice in healthcare and cooperation between medical professionals. The Regulation of Homeopathy in Ontario was a major step in this direction.
Here are some key differences between modern Western medicine and Homeopathic medicine, with a view to the fact that every treatment can have its place and time as beneficial to the patient:
- Conventional Western, or allopathic treatment, views disease as being localized in organs or tissues, whereas Homeopathy views disease holistically as belonging to the mental, emotional and physical aspects of the patient
- Allopathic treatment aims at the suppression of symptoms, whereas Homeopathy aims at addressing the underlying causes of the symptoms
- Allopathic treatment relies largely on pharmaceuticals and/or surgery, whereas Homeopathic treatment relies upon natural remedies and lifestyle (dietary) adjustments
- Allopathic treatments often involve unwanted side effects as counter reactions from the body, whereas homeopathic remedies are given in the most gentle dose possible
- Visits with a conventional doctor are generally quick and consist of analysis of quantitative data, whereas Homeopathic consultations involve detailed question and answer about the particular disease experience of the client.